www.homecarenear.com - HomeCareNear

House Call Doctor Service

types and description

While there are  many situations where a doctor needs to see the patient in a Healthcare environment. There are also many situations that can be taken care of at home. It is even easier to treat some conditions at the patient's house instead of having them travel to the nearest doctor's office. 

This is especially prevalent in people with disorders such as functional impairments, severe chronic conditions, dementia, heart disease, or even movement disorders. While conditions such as these make it difficult to travel to the doctor's office these are not the only reasons why Home Health Care is important.


Learn more about House Call Doctors Specialties:

House Call Chiropractor Services

Does Insurance Cover a House Call Doctor?

Insurance providers such as Medicaid and Medicare they will usually cover home health care for those patients meet qualifications. For instance, Medicare covers about 80% of the amount that is allowed. They bill the other 20% to the individual's secondary insurance provider. In this way, they are much like a normal physician’s office. On the other hand, some insurance providers will not governor in home health care unless it is deemed that the individual cannot travel to an office.

How do I Know if the Doctors in My Area do House Calls?

Many doctors will not do Home Health Care because of the fact that they are unable to see as many patients as they can in a clinic environment and problems that many of them have had with liabilities. If you live in United States or Canada and you're wondering if your doctor does Home Health Care, all you need to do is call and ask them. If they don't do Home Health Care there are many companies in United States that are set up specifically for doing house calls. Check our website to search the most comprehensive House Call doctors directory in United States, or contact us and our experts will much you with the provider that meets your needs. 

Send us a request. And our experts will connect you to a provider.

Why are House Calls Making a Comeback?

As stated above Mini doctors prefer to do their caregiving in a clinical environment. However, when you have a condition that does not allow you to reach the clinic without a great deal of trouble than a house call may be many people's only option. Back in 2013 only about positions would make a house call. And of those not many made more than 2-3 house calls a week. That is only about 3% of the total. However, according to data house calls have made a tremendous comeback and the last few years.

While this was never a revolutionary concept in the 1930s that number was closer to 40%. By the 1980s however, the percentage had gone down to 1% according to many of clinics that do geriatric medicine. From the patient's point of view, house calls have a great deal of appeal because you have no transit time, waiting room, and you don't have to skip work. If they have to drag there tired and sick body out of their comfortable bed to see a doctor it makes them feel more like a number. 

Many doctors are realizing that this allows them to have more positive patient interactions as well. Most patients want that personalized experience. For doctors, this gives  a better chance to interact with the individual. It allows them to see what the individual's environment looks like and assess the patient without that constant pressure to move on to the next. Plus, it has been shown that individuals that have house calls see their doctors an average of two times more often.

After having researched Home Healthcare doctors services, it has become quite apparent that this should no longer be a thing of the past. We need to get back to the individual aspect of treatment. Doctors doing house calls allows individuals to be seen by a doctor that otherwise would not be because of one factor or another. If you've ever been sick and needed to get to the doctor, then you know it could be horrible to drag yourself out when you feel like doing nothing more than resting. . 

Essen MED House Calls


View Profile

LEAA health House Call


View Profile

Are You a Business?

1. Register your company
2. Create a searchable listing
3. Connect with more clients

Get Listed Today
Banner Ad

Contact Us